Register Now!!!
Interbox Pardon Jack Johnson
DBE IBO
Box Fan Expo
Scroll Videos Left
Carl Froch interview by: AlonzoLucian Bute interview by: AlonzoAaron Pryor jr. interview: By Alonzo Adonis Stevenson interview by: AlonzoDavid Lemieux interview by: AlonzoJoachim Alcine interview by: AlonzoGlen Johnson interview vs Bute: By Alonzo Lucian Bute interview by: AlonzoKhan-Malignaggi video coverageKhan-Malignaggi video coverage
Scroll Videos Right
 
JULY 04, 2015 
 TRINIDAD TO ATTEND NEVADA HOF

PRESS RELEASE: Felix "Tito" Trinidad, an International Boxing Hall of Fame member beloved by fans for his sunny demeanor outside the ring and his devastating knockouts inside of it, announced he will attend the third annual Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame induction weekend. The event will be held Friday, Aug. 7 and Saturday, Aug. 8. The induction ceremony itself will be at Caesars Palace, where Trinidad scored several notable wins, on Aug. 8. Trinidad, 42, was 42-3 with 35 knockouts in a career which saw him win world titles at welterweight, super welterweight and middleweight. He was 8-1 in nine fights in Nevada, including 2-0 in bouts at Caesars Palace.

CONTINUE READING >>

 
JULY 04, 2015 
 TAYLOR GETS CO MANAGER


Press Release:  D and D Management  along with Mark Cipparone's Club 1957 Management have announced a joint venture for which the two companies will now co-manage Junior welterweight Emanuel Taylor (18-4, 12 KO's) of Edgewood Arsenal, Maryland. "I would like to say that I'm excited to have the opportunity to establish a joint venture with Mark Cipparrone" said David Price of D and D management.  "I have always had a lot of respect for him and I thought D and D and 1957 could complement instead of constantly compete with one another. "When we originally signed Emanuel Taylor he had already been signed with a local manager and we collectively functioned as Co- Managers. Emanuel no longer wanted his home based manager involved and Doc and I thought it would be a great opportunity to work with someone else that we felt had a high level of what we call V.I.S.A ( Vision, Integrity, Structure, Accountability)."

CONTINUE READING >>

 
JULY 03, 2015 


TONY HARRISON EXTENDS THE LEGACY OF EMANUEL STEWARD

Press Release: Tony Harrison earned a place in the heart of late trainer Emanuel Steward, who used Detroit’s famed Kronk Gym to mold boxers such as Thomas Hearns into champions. “Emanuel loved me and had faith in me like he did Tommy Hearns,” Harrison said. “There was nothing he wouldn’t do for me.” Before his death on Oct. 25, 2012, at the age of 68, Steward co-trained Harrison alongside Harrison's father, former pro boxer Ali Salaam. Harrison (21-0, 18 KOs) will take Steward’s memory into the ring in his 154-pound bout against Willie Nelson (23-2-1, 13 KOs) on July 11 at the USF Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida, which airs on ESPN.

CONTINUE READING >>

 
JULY 03, 2015 
 THE BOXER KNOWN AS KNOCKOUT CP FRESHMART WINS IN THAILAND

Knockout CP Freshmart TKO4 Alexis Diaz... In Thailand, a 105-pound boxer known as Knockout CP Freshmart stopped Venezuela's Alexis Diaz in the fourth round of a battle of unbeatens. Freshmart, whose birth name is listed as Thammanoon Niyomtrong, was fighting in his home country, and the referee was certainly on his side. Freshmart was punishing Diaz, but decided to throw him to the canvas and the referee compliantly called it a knockdown. It ultimately didn't matter much as later in the same round, Freshmart put Diaz down again and the fight was legitimately stopped. Freshmart retains the WBA interim belt at 105 pounds and improves to 11-0. He's been on a very good run and deserves a true title shot. Diaz returns to Venezuela at 16-1. source: youtube video

 
JULY 03, 2015 
 CHATMAN ON BIOSSE FIGHT: "SPORTSMANSHIP IS OUT THE WINDOW"

Press Release: A fight nearly two years in the making will finally come to fruition Friday, July 17th, 2015 as super middleweight Vladine Biosse faces Chris Chatman in the main event of CES Boxing's show at Twin River Casino.  Those familiar with Chatman's no-nonsense, outspoken bravado know the Jersey City native is never one to mince words. The 5-foot-8 southpaw guarantees a win over "Mr. Providence" in a fight he's lobbied for since his most noteworthy victory at Twin River, a 2013 split-decision win over hometown favorite Thomas Falowo.

CONTINUE READING >>

 
JULY 03, 2015 
 GH3 SIGNS O'SHANIQUE FOSTER

Press Release: Vito Mielnicki's GH3 Promotions announced the signing of junior lightweight O'Shanique Foster (6-0) to an exclusive promotional contract. Foster is from Beaumont, Texas and trains out of Houston. As an amateur, he was a two-time national Junior Golden Gloves champion, five-time Ringside National champion, National PAL champion and 2011 Houston Golden Gloves champion.  He made it to the finals of the Olympic trials before losing to eventual Olympian Joseph Diaz. "GH3 Promotions is a great company. They have a lot of up and coming fighters.  I grew up with (fellow GH3 fighters) Adam Lopez, Antoine Douglas and Jerry Odom." said Foster. "I am a boxer puncher.  When people see me when I get to the television level fights, I think people will love my talent and style.  I know the way Vito moves his fighters so I can expect to fight about seven times over the next twelve months."

 
JULY 02, 2015 


HAYMON WILL FIGHT THE LAWSUITS

Yesterday, Top Rank, Inc. sued Alan Haymon and related companies, challenging Haymon's business model on antitrust and Muhammad Ali Act grounds. The law firm hired by Haymon to defend the suit, Kramer Levin Naftalis and Frankel, quickly issued the following statement, and published it on the website of Haymon's Premier Boxing Champions: "On behalf of our clients Alan Haymon, Haymon Boxing LLC, Haymon Sports LLC and Haymon Holdings LLC: The lawsuit filed today by Bob Arum and Top Rank is entirely without merit and is a cynical attempt by boxing’s old guard to use the courts to undermine the accessibility, credibility and exposure of boxing that the sport so desperately needs. The Premier Boxing Champions series makes boxing free again, by bringing championship boxing to free TV, with a fighter-first promise and a commitment to the fans to restore boxing to the luster of its heyday. The continued success of this effort will far outlast this baseless lawsuit." Click below for the full story as it develops:


CONTINUE READING >>

 
JULY 02, 2015 
 BEN DEAN'S MAILBAG
By Ben Dean

The fans are still talking about Adrien Broner

You do a great job keeping us informed with the sweet science news. But, I really need you on this one, I'm probably b- type when it comes to the sport so I coming up a level getting at you. Since Danny Garcia is giving up the 140-pound titles and he is recognized as the man but didn't lose to anyone, how will the new kingpin of the 140-pound weight class be determined? Keep me posted.-- Don

CONTINUE READING >>

 
JULY 02, 2015 


INTRODUCING 16 YEAR-OLD PRO LEON BAUER

Press Release:  Germany’s youngest professional boxer, Leon Bauer (1-0, 1 KO) returns to the ring on July 18th in Halle on the undercard of Arthur Abraham-Robert Stieglitz IV. Having started his pro career off with the first-round stoppage of Kristof Mate, the 16 year-old super middleweight can expect a tougher test in his second paid outing against Misa Nikolic (20-35-2, 9 KOs), who at 37 is old enough to be Bauer’s father.

CONTINUE READING >>

 
JULY 02, 2015 
 BIOSSE RETURNS HOME FOR RHODE ISLAND BOUT

Press Release: Super middleweight Vladine Biosse (15-6-2, 7 KOs), known in his hometown as "Mr. Providence," returns to Rhode Island for the first time in more than a year on Friday, July 17th, when he faces  Chris Chatman (12-5-1, 5 KOs) of Jersey City, N.J., in the ten-round main event at Twin River Casino. The CES-promoted show also features a six-round welterweight bout matching Nick DeLomba (7-0, 1 KO) of Cranston, RI, and New Jersey  southpaw Juan Rodriguez Jr. (12-2, 5 KOs).

CONTINUE READING >>

 
JULY 01, 2015 
 THE ENEMY OF MY ENEMY IS MY FRIEND: GOLDEN BOY SUPPORTS TOP RANK LAWSUIT

Press Release: Golden Boy Promotions founder and chairman Oscar De La Hoya released the following statement today in the wake of Top Rank Boxing's lawsuit against Al Haymon and his affiliated entities: "I applaud Bob Arum and Top Rank Boxing for stepping up on behalf of fighters not only in their own stable, but all across the sport. Those like Bob and myself who have spent the bulk of their lives around boxing understand that the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act is a crucial piece of legislation that serves to protect boxers and enhance the sport. Golden Boy Promotions will continue to push forward with our own lawsuit to ensure our wonderful sport continues to grow in a competitive, just manner." On May 6th, Golden Boy Promotions filed a $300 million lawsuit against Haymon and his related companies alleging repeated violation of antitrust laws and the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act.  The case was filed in Federal Court in Los Angeles.

 
JULY 01, 2015 
 TOP RANK SUES HAYMON CHALLENGING HAYMON'S BUSINESS MODEL

Top Rank, Inc. has sued Al Haymon and various Haymon-related entities in United States District Court, alleging that the Haymon entities violated United States anti-trust law and California's unfair competition act. The Nevada-based promoter's lawsuit alleges that "Haymon is rigging the boxing industry so they can act as manager, promoter, sponsor and ticket broker for nearly every major professional boxer competing in the United States, all in violation of the Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act, the Sherman Act and a host of other state and federal laws." The lawsuit further complains that, "In order to stifle legitmate promoters from competing against [Haymon's company, Premiere Boxing Champions], Haymon has obtained exclusivity commitments from broadcasters" that keep his competitors off the airwaves. Haymon was resently named in a similar lawsuit by the other major American promoter, Golden Boy Promotions, and the Association of Boxing Commissioners has asked the United States Attorney General to investigate Haymon's practices.

CONTINUE READING >>

 
JULY 01, 2015 
 THE WEEKLY BOXING MEMO
By Ben Dean

Bradley vs. Vargas:  Timothy Bradley's win over Jessie Vargas on Saturday was largely a tale of two fights. For eleven and three quarter rounds, Bradley mostly piled up 10-9 rounds (although many were competitive).  Vargas jabbed successfully at times, but seemed to have no defensive answer for Bradley's overhand right hand which landed largely at will.  The shorter Bradley also landed hard body shots that seemed to take some of the steam out of Vargas.  By the close of the seventh round, Vargas looked spent.

CONTINUE READING >>

 
JULY 01, 2015 


TRAINER: IF ARTHUR ABRAHAM LOSES, HE SHOULD RETIRE

Press Release: 
With only 18 days to go before Arthur Abraham (42-4, 28 KOs) defends his title against Robert Stieglitz (47-4-1, 27 KOs) in their fourth WBO super middleweight title contest, Abraham (pictured) and his coach Ulli Wegner opened the doors to their training camp at the Olympic Centre in Kienbaum, Germany. [The fight takes place on July 18th, with Abraham leading the all-German rivalry 2-1].


CONTINUE READING >>

 
JULY 01, 2015 


NADJIB MOHAMMEDI TRAINING CAMP REPORT

Press Release: 
On July 25th, Nadjib Mohammedi (37-3, 23 KOs) will face WBO/WBA/IBF light heavyweight champion Sergey "Krusher" Kovalev (27-0-1, 24 KOs) at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas live on HBO World Championship Boxing. For the biggest fight of his career, Mohammedi will have world-renowned trainer Abel Sanchez in his corner. Abel is best known for his work with current WBA middleweight champion Gennady "GGG" Golovkin.


CONTINUE READING >>

 
JULY 01, 2015 


STEED WOODALL LEFT UK TO CHASE BOXING DREAM

Press Release: 
Unlike most British boxers who first establish themselves at home in the United Kingdom before fighting in the United States, Steed "The Stallion" Woodall packed up and moved 1½ years ago from Birmingham, England to Miami, Florida in order to pursue his boxing dream. 
As an amateur, Woodall was a five-time England National Champion, two-time British Champion, and quarterfinalist in the World Youth Championships. His aggressive style  so far seems suited for pro boxing, evident by his pro record of 7-0-1 with 5 KOs in the super middleweight division.



CONTINUE READING >>

 
JULY 01, 2015 


CHANGE IN LA FIGHT CLUB MAIN EVENT

Press Release:   Due to illness there has been a change in the July 2nd main event of Fight Club LA. Previously scheduled main event fighter John Karl Sosa has pulled out of the Los Angeles show and Mexico City's Gilberto "El Flaco" Gonzalez (25-3, 20 KOs) will now face replacement opponent Hevinson Herrera (17-10-1 11 KOs) of Barranquilla, Colombia in a ten-round junior welterweight bout airing live on Fox Deportes.

CONTINUE READING >>

Box Fan Expo
RDM
BIG DOG.
WBO
Interbox
Boxingtalk Store
BoxingShow.TV
James Prince Boxing
Grant Boxing
8 count news
Google


BOXINGTALK.COM

© BOXINGTALK INC.  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED