Ex-champ Lee Selby to fight in bare knuckles boxing

Source: BKB

19/02/2026

Ex-champ Lee Selby to fight in bare knuckles boxing

Last week, BKB Bare Knuckle Boxing, announced the signing of former IBF featherweight champion Lee Selby to a multi-fight agreement. The Welsh boxing standout, known as "Lightning," will bring his technical skills, championship experience, and fan-favorite style to the bare knuckle trigon, making his bare knuckles debut in the coming months.  Details on Selby’s debut fight and upcoming events will be announced soon. Selby held the IBF world title from 2015 to 2018, successfully defending it five times. He previously captured the British, Commonwealth, and European featherweight titles between 2011 and 2014, compiling a pro record of 28-4 with 9 KOs from 2008 to 2022. His championship reign and high-level performances established him as one of Wales' most accomplished boxers and the twelfth Welsh world champion in boxing history.
 
Selby said: “I’ve achieved everything in gloved boxing - from regional titles to defending my world title five times. Now, bare knuckle is calling. It’s the original, no-filter version of boxing, and I’m excited to bring my speed, skill, and experience to BKB. I’m here to win another world title and show why I’m still one of the best.”
 
Mike Vazquez, founder of BKB Bare Knuckle, said: “Lee Selby is a true champion with an incredible resume, and we’re honored to have him join our roster. His technical mastery and championship mentality will light up the trigon. With fighters like Gamboa and Malignaggi already proving the path for elite boxers, Lee’s signing shows BKB is where legends come to chase greatness.”
 
David Tetreault, CEO of BKB Bare Knuckle, said: "Lee Selby is another game-changer for our organization. His world title pedigree, defensive brilliance, and proven ability at the highest levels make this a massive addition. We're excited to watch him chase bare knuckle glory alongside our growing stable of world-class talent."
 
Selby joins an expanding roster featuring more than 200 fighters from over 30 countries. This landmark signing showcases the growing appeal and momentum of BKB, which continues to attract decorated gloved boxers and deliver high-stakes, action-packed events. The promotion has seen stars like Olympic gold medalist and former multi-weight world champion Yuriorkis Gamboa cross over to the trigon, while Paulie Malignaggi made a hugely successful transition, delivering a thrilling Fight of the Night performance in his return at BKB 47 against Tyler Goodjohn. Building on that excitement, Malignaggi is now set to challenge reigning champion Rolando Dy for the BKB junior middleweight championship in Manchester on Saturday, May 16th, furthering BKB's rising profile, expanding roster of elite talent, and nonstop progression as one of most disruptive forces in combat sports.
 
From its beginnings in 2015 as BYB Extreme Fighting Series, founded by MMA pioneer Dhafir "Dada 5000" Harris and Mike Vazquez, BKB has elevated bare knuckle boxing into a regulated, globally broadcast powerhouse through key acquisitions—including the original UK-based BKB in 2021 and Bad To The Bone in 2025—and a fighter-first approach that prioritizes athlete welfare and opportunity. Landmark broadcast partnerships with talkSPORT (UK and Ireland), VICE (US and Canada), and Telemundo (Spanish-language in the US) have brought live events to millions worldwide.